How do you answer a target compensation question?
By aiming higher, you can make sure that, even if they offer the lowest number, you’ll still be making your target number. For example, if you want to make $45,000, don’t say you’re looking for a salary between $40,000 and $50,000. Instead, give a range of $45,000 to $50,000.
How do I respond to a compensation request?
When responding to salary requirements questions, keep in mind that employers want to know the following things:
- Whether you meet their budget. …
- How you value your experience and qualifications. …
- Whether you are at the right level. …
- Provide a range, not a sum. …
- Do your research. …
- Aim high within reason. …
- Make it negotiable.
What should I put for target compensation?
Definition of Target Salary —
Jobseekers typically shoot for an amount higher than their current salary unless their current salary level is out of alignment with the market. The rule of thumb for your expected salary is generally an amount 15% above your current salary package.
What is your target base compensation?
Expected pay for a job or position. This would include all avenues of compensation. (Base pay, incentives, bonuses, etc.)
What is your expected compensation best answer?
Tips for Giving the Best Answers
You can try to skirt the question with a broad answer, such as, “My salary expectations are in line with my experience and qualifications.” Or, “If this is the right job for me, I’m sure we can come to an agreement on salary.” This will show that you’re willing to negotiate.
How do you answer salary negotiation?
Your Answer: “I am interested in finding a job that is a good fit for me. I’m sure whatever salary you’re paying is consistent with the rest of the market.” In other words, I respect myself and I want to think I can respect this company. Question: I need to know what salary you want in order to make you an offer.
How do I talk to my boss about compensation?
These 5 steps will guide you through this negotiation:
- Set your expectations. You may not be able to get the salary you want immediately.
- Do your homework so your manager doesn’t have to. …
- Start the conversation. …
- Set a goal and establish a timeline. …
- Work with your manager to reach your goal.
What do you say in a compensation meeting?
- Ask what the typical range is for others in the company with that position.
- Ask what they had budgeted for that job.
- Say you will consider any reasonable offer.
- Say that they are better informed to determine how much you are worth to the company than yourself.
How do you start a conversation salary negotiation?
Start with a counteroffer
Thank you so much for the offer. I am happy to hear that you want to bring me on to the team, and I’m excited to get started. However, I was hoping we could discuss my compensation. I’ve researched the industry we are in and the current market value.
What are your total compensation expectations mean?
This means that the salary they expect to pay for a certain position may be lower or higher than the going rate. Another possible reason is that they’re trying to see how you value your work. Are you confident enough to ask for what you deserve or will you meekly accept whatever they offer?
Can I negotiate my pay at Target?
No they are not negotiable.