How do you use pick up in a sentence?
gain or regain energy.
- She stooped down to pick up the child.
- She bent down to pick up her glove.
- Can you pick up the pen for me?
- She bent forward to pick up the newspaper.
- The train began to pick up speed .
- He knelt down to pick up his hat.
- Pick up line one. It’s Mr. …
- The pupil leaned to the ground to pick up a wallet.
What does it mean to pick up on?
(pick up on something) to talk in more detail about something that someone has mentioned. I’d just like to pick up on a couple of points that you made. Synonyms and related words. To discuss something.
What is the meaning of phrasal verb pick up?
phrasal verb. pick up. to get better, stronger, etc.; to improve. Trade usually picks up in the spring. The wind is picking up now.
How do you use rise up in a sentence?
stand up on the hind legs, of quadrupeds.
- He that lies down [sleeps] with dogs must rise up with fleas.
- He that lies down with dogs must rise up with fleas.
- Sisters, we must rise up and defeat our oppressors.
- He incited people to rise up against the government.
- He called on the people to rise up against the invaders.
How do you use hard up in a sentence?
Examples of ‘hard up’ in a sentence hard up
- Most families are hard up already without this extra burden. …
- In fact, pizza has always been a popular choice for people who are hard up for money. …
- The real reason was because Ed’s family were incredibly hard-up and there was never any cash.
How do you pick up something?
Keep in mind:
- Do not attempt to lift by bending forward. Bend your hips and knees to squat down to your load, keep it close to your body, and straighten your legs to lift.
- Never lift a heavy object above shoulder level.
- Avoid turning or twisting your body while lifting or holding a heavy object.
Which is correct pickup or pick up?
Pickup can be a noun or an adjective, but never a verb. Pick up is a verb phrase, but should not be used as a noun.
What is another word for picking up?
What is another word for pick up?
|take up||jack up|
|perk up||haul up|
What is the noun of pick up?
pickup noun (COLLECTION)
the act of picking someone or something up, or the place where it happens: The pickup point for the long-distance coaches is now in the new bus station.