What does stock up mean slang?
: to get a large quantity of something for later use —often + on We made sure to stock up on food before the storm hit.
Is stock up a phrasal verb?
This is a great phrasal verb today: to stock up. When you stock up, you buy a lot of things that will last a long time.
Has been stocked meaning?
To provide or furnish with a stock of something, especially: a. To supply (a shop) with merchandise.
How do you use stock up?
Stock-up sentence example
- Before you bring baby home, you’ll need to stock up on lots of baby essentials. …
- Some take advantage of their local outlet stores to stock up on hot items to resell.
How do you say stock up?
Synonyms of ‘stock up with something’
- hoard. They’ve begun to hoard food and gasoline.
- save. I thought we were saving money for a holiday.
- gather. She started gathering up her things.
- accumulate. Lead can accumulate in the body until toxic levels are reached.
- amass. We didn’t enquire as to how she had amassed her fortune.
What’s another word for stocked up?
In this page you can discover 7 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for stock-up, like: replenish, supply, furnish, buy, provide, stock and buy-in.
What is Filipino stock?
Translation for word Stock in Tagalog is : paninda.
What does stack them up mean?
1 : to add up : total. 2 : measure up, compare —usually used with against.
Is stock an adjective?
Adjective Here are the stock patterns you can choose from. She gave a stock answer to the reporter’s question. a dull narrative with stock characters That item is a stock model.
Is stocked up a word?
To gather and lay in a supply of something: stock up on canned goods. 2. To put forth or sprout new shoots.
Is it stocked or stock?
stock Definitions and Synonyms