What is SumUp used for?
Welcome to SumUp! Our products empower merchants to accept credit and debit card payments anywhere with our intuitive, cost-effective devices. With SumUp, merchants can take cards with a Visa, American Express, Diners, Discover, or MasterCard logo.
How do I connect my bank account to SumUp?
All payouts will now be transferred to this bank account.
Change my bank account
- On your SumUp profile, select the profile symbol in the top right corner.
- Select “Profile details” and then “Bank details”.
- Scroll down to the button “Change Bank Account”.
- Please enter your IBAN and BIC/SWIFT.
- Click “Save and continue”.
How do I withdraw money from SumUp?
How can I change the payout method?
- On your SumUp profile, select the “SumUp Card” tab in the left-hand menu.
- Go to “Payout settings” and click on “Change”. You will be directed to the “Settings” tab.
- Select “Direct to bank account”.
- Click “Continue” to confirm your payout method.
Does SumUp need WiFi?
How does SumUp work? In order to accept cards, you will need a smartphone or tablet. You need to get the SumUp Air reader activated in Bluetooth mode and then remotely connect the app. All you need after that is an internet connection or good WiFi and you are good to go.
Where does my money go on SumUp?
We process your transactions and then transfer the funds, minus our transaction fee, to your bank account. Depending on your bank’s settlement procedures, this may take 1-3 business days from the transaction date to the day the funds appear on your bank account.
Can you take card details over the phone?
The short answer is yes, but it comes with certain responsibilities for the business. There is no law against over-the-phone payments in the United Kingdom, but businesses should be aware of certain standards, regulations and consumer rights affecting the legitimacy of a cardholder-not-present transaction.
How do I take payments over the phone?
How to take payments over the phone
- Sign in to your virtual terminal via Square Dashboard.
- Hit ‘Take a Payment’ in the menu.
- Call the customer and ask them to provide their card details.
- Complete all payment fields.
- Double check the information with the customer.
- Hit ‘Charge’
- The sale is complete.
Can you send invoice with SumUp?
With SumUp Invoices, you can easily create invoices and send them to your customers from your SumUp App or your SumUp profile. You can follow the status of the invoice, whether it has been sent, viewed or paid. Your customer will receive the invoice by email and pay you with just a few clicks.
Can I take online payments with SumUp?
In addition, merchants can also accept online payments through an integration of SumUp as a payment tool in their web shop. … The SMS Payment process allows to accept payments through a simple online form without the need of a card terminal – ideal for mobile professionals in the beauty industry or craftsmen.