What perk means in slang?
/pɜːk/ informal. an advantage or something extra, such as money or goods, that you are given because of your job: A company car and a cell phone are some of the perks that come with the job.
What is another word for perk up?
In this page you can discover 34 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for perk up, like: nerve, revive, come around, convalesce, mend, rally, recover, recuperate, gain vigor, de-energize and sedate.
Where does the expression perk up come from?
Sense of “raise briskly, hold up smartly” is attested from 1520s; perk up “recover liveliness” is from 1650s.
How do you get perked up?
6 Ways to Perk Up at Work That Aren’t Coffee
- Walking. Walking is just about the best thing you can do to wake yourself up, caffeinated or non-caffeinated. …
- Morning Protein.
- Water. Drink a glass of water when you first wake up to get your metabolism started and your body lubricated. …
- Herbal Tea. …
- Pump Up Music. …
How do you use the word perk?
Perk sentence example
- His words seemed to perk up Franny. …
- Keep going with those stories they really perk me up. …
- Another perk is that in the beginning, water provides a quick drop in weight – quick enough to keep you motivated during those first few hard weeks of a new diet and lifestyle plan.
Is Perk a word in English?
perk noun [C] (ADVANTAGE)
a special advantage or benefit, in addition to the money you are paid, that you are given because of your job: Free child care for preschool children of employees was a popular perk.
What is opposite of perk?
Antonyms for perk (up) drop, lower.
Whats the opposite of a perk?
Opposite of a useful or valuable thing or person. liability. disadvantage. drawback.
What does perked up his ears mean?
: to lift the ears in a quick or alert way The dog heard its name and perked (up) its ears. —often used figuratively of a person I perked up my ears when I heard his name mentioned.
What does sleepover mean?
informal. to sleep in someone else’s home for a night: My niece is sleeping over on Friday night.
Is Perk short for perquisite?
Yes, that’s right. Perk is an abbreviation of perquisite.