Why is my other storage taking up so much space?
It’s likely caches of images, videos and other content your phone had to store in it’s own memory storage so you could scroll through Facebook without encountering the dreaded “buffering” spinning wheel.
How do I clear my iPhone cache?
Here’s how to find it:
- Open your iPhone’s settings.
- Scroll until you see the eligible app, then tap it.
- Look for a “Clear cache” option. If the toggle next to it is green, tap it to clear the app’s cache.
How do I get rid of other data on my iPhone?
Tap Settings > General > iPhone Storage. Scroll down the app list and tap Safari. Scroll to the bottom of the page and tap Remove All Website Data.
Why do I have 40GB of other storage on iPhone?
The update to iOS 13.6. 1 is supposed to clear excessive other on your phone. If you have 40GB of other, that’s way too much. The system files that are deleted when space is low, are unneeded system files.
How do I clear other storage on my Mac?
How to delete Other Storage on Mac
- From your desktop, press Command-F.
- Click This Mac.
- Click the first dropdown menu field and select Other.
- From the Search Attributes window, tick File Size and File Extension.
- Now you can input different document file types (. pdf, . …
- Review the items and then delete as needed.
When you use a browser, like Chrome, it saves some information from websites in its cache and cookies. Clearing them fixes certain problems, like loading or formatting issues on sites.
Cookies are files created by websites you visit. They make your online experience easier by saving browsing information. With cookies, sites can keep you signed in, remember your site preferences, and give you locally relevant content. … First-party cookies are created by the site you visit.
What Happens if I Delete Cookies? If you delete cookies, the entire history of your web browsing experience will be lost. Any websites that you were logged into or set preferences for will not recognize you. … When you add the items again and/or login again, new cookies will be created.