What do you mean by fill in?
Definition of fill in (Entry 2 of 2) transitive verb. 1 : to enrich (something, such as a design) with detail. 2 : to give necessary or recently acquired information to I’ll fill you in.
What is the example of fill in?
The definition of a fill-in is a person or thing that is a substitute for someone or something else. An example of fill-in is a substitute teacher. One that serves as a substitute for another.
How do you use fill in and fill out in a sentence?
Fill out the forms in triplicate. 17. Please fill out this form in quadruplicate. 18.
What does the word fill up mean?
to make something full, or to become full: fill up with sth The sales pipeline for his facility is starting to fill up with clients.
When to use fill in and fill out?
- Phrasal verbs. Fill out, fill in and fill up are phrasal verbs. …
- Fill up. Fill up can mean ‘make something become full’.
- Fill out. …
- Fill in. …
- Fill in, just like fill out, can mean ‘complete a form or document’.
- Fill in can mean ‘temporarily replace someone who is unable to do their job at that time’.
Is there a hyphen in fill in?
thanks! It is fill in. (verb). It is not hyphenated.
How do you use fill up in a sentence?
Examples of ‘fill up’ in a sentence fill up
- Fill up on lots of vegetables and salads. …
- It’s the kind of place that fills up fast for the season. …
- Tax now makes up close to 75 per cent of the cost for motorists to fill up at the pump. …
- `It’s good for us,’ he’d insisted, holding out his glass for a fill-up of water.
How do you use fill in in a sentence?
1. When you fill in the form, please write clearly/legibly in black ink. 2. He helped us to fill in a big gap in our knowledge.
What does fill you up mean?
“To fill someone up” can also mean to make someone feel a complete person, fulfilled, without necessarily a sexual connotation. I would say this is normally only used if there is some sort of helping noun following the expression to avoid the sexual connotation that is inherent in it. He fills me (up) with joy.
What is another word for to fill up?
What is another word for fill up?
What is the past tense of fill up?
fill up Definitions and Synonyms
|present participle||filling up|
|past tense||filled up|
|past participle||filled up|